Wellingborough Stories Volunteering
Wellingborough Stories is a month long festival this May, that will showcase a wide variety of local stories from across the town’s diverse communities. Three artists have been commissioned to tell some of the stories that have been gathered in engaging ways and local groups will be popping up with their own events to celebrate memories of the town.
We need local people to be the face of festival supporting audiences to get the most out of the stories and artworks on show.
Some of the roles we will need include:
- Invigilators – supporting visitors to the exhibition to interact with the artworks and information. (This might include helping visitors to use QR Codes)
- Stewards – Directing visitors to the different artworks and events around the town, providing printed programmes and engaging passers by in town.
- Stories Ambassador – Spread the word about the festival through your own local networks, that might include groups you attend locally, helping us to get flyers into places that local people will see or using your social media.
The Festival starts on the 12th May and ends on 28th May, with some artworks popping up even earlier. We’ll need most stewards and invigilators on the open weekends:
- Friday 12th to Sunday 14th
- Friday 19th to Sunday 21st
- Friday 26th to Sunday 28th
Who can get involved?
You don’t need to have any previous experience of volunteering or working on similar events. We can provide seated roles if required and will work hard to meet any access requirements. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult while volunteering.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above roles, or if you have any questions, contact Myrle Roach on email@example.com or 07936958997 (Tuesday to Friday).
Sign up to our e-newsletter or follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
Published 2nd April 2023