There are fantastic archives and live streams online just waiting to be discovered, and some innovative new work being made and presented online…so why not check them out? Theatres are also slowly re-opening for real live shows too.
Interested in other activities or art forms? Get inspired
(Updated 16th September 2021)
- Local theatres are open! The Castle Theatre and Royal & Derngate and The Core at Corby Cube all have great programmes to explore.
- Northampton Filmhouse have an eclectic selection of brand new films available online through Filmhouse At Home.
- BBC Front Row is features inspiring programmes all about the world of arts, literature, film, media and music.
- Watch and learn all about contemporary artists and makers at goldmark.tv – hosted by the Goldmark Gallery in Uppingham.
- You can still watch a collection of The Castle Theatre‘s favourite performances from around the world online.
- During the first lockdown of 2020, Grayson Perry brought the nation together through his Art Club. Now you can see the gallery showing artworks from the series, and find out more about some of the artists.
- Stamford Arts Centre have a whole host of online programming for you to enjoy.
- Have a look at the Theatre section of the Fantastic for Families website for all sorts of family-friendly shows to view online.
- Do you work in a school or lead a club for children and young people? If you do, you can set up a film club and access free films from Into Film and take part in the world’s largest youth film festival.
- Lots of places now offer online content, both free and ticketed – check out The Royal Opera House, as well as What’s On Stage for a whole variety of shows.
- Attend the Social Distancing Festival from your easy chair – find live performances happening all over the world, including music, theatre, poetry, storytelling, comedy, opera and more.
- Glastonbury may be postponed until next year, but you can catch up with some great music performances and documentaries on BBC iPlayer.
- Royal & Derngate’s brand new digital musical (for grown-ups) #ZoologicalSociety is now live. A concept album has been released that you can stream now for FREE on Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music.
- Teachers and students can watch popular recordings of National Theatre Live collection of 30 world-class productions is now available for educational institutions to stream at home. UK state-funded teachers and pupils can access the Collection for free.
- World-renowned performers, Cirque du Soleil are providing a much-needed distraction to your screens! On their website you’ll find spectacular shows, behind-the-scenes videos. virtual reality experiences and more!
- Fancy attending an armchair concert? The Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra has started a National Digital Concert Hall for your listening pleasure!
- Filmed On Stage have a huge variety of free filmed theatre performances to stream free at home whilst venues are closed.