Get out and about and try some feelgood activities!
- If you’re looking for creative volunteering opportunities, The Core and Corby Heritage Centre are looking for volunteers – or find more opportunities at Community Action Northants.
- Enjoy a sculpture walk! Visit the Red Kite Windows or sculptures in and around the lakes and parkland at Oakley Vale – which have all been commissioned by local people.
- If you’re looking for a family activity to do, why not visit the Zog activity trail or Gruffalo sculptures at Fineshade Wood?
- Age UK in Northamptonshire have various activites on offer, including dance classes.
- Discover historical Wellingborough on the Wellingborough Town Trails app.
- Discover surprising artworks as you explore the sculpture garden at Burghley House.
- An augmented reality Dinosaur Safari is live in East Carlton Countryside Park and West Glebe Park in Corby – just download the Love Exploring app to take part.
- If you’re struggling with your mental health, Northamptonshire Mind run a Green Minds wellbeing group in Corby, with input from Groundwork Northamptonshire and Made with Many.
- Join a local creative group and meet some new friends- there are loads in the area!
- If you want to join a locally-run interest group, join one of the seven U3A groups in North Northants, whose members run a wide variety creative, relaxing and physical activities.
- Walk or cycle an accessible natural trail across green spaces with the Corby Heritage Trail.
- Try making a picture of your walk using a walking mapping app e.g. Strava – join the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group to find more local people who are doing this too!
- If you love spending time outdoors, try a photography walk! Check out the Northamptonshire Walks website for routes, share the photos of your adventure with friends or on the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group, or Northamptonshire Nature and Landscape photography facebook group where you will find lots of like-minded folks.
- Ready to go out exploring? Northamptonshire! Britain’s Best Surprise has lots of ideas of local historic houses, parks and gardens to visit.
- If you haven’t already tried out seated dance and movement sessions with Tina Heeley, you can do it from home!
- Find dance classes at the Virtual Village Hall, where you can join in with live sessions or catch up on demand when suits it you, on the Virtual Village Hall Facebook Page.
Updated 15th June 2023