Get out and about and try some feelgood activities!
(Updated 6th April 2022)
- Discover surprising artworks as you explore the sculpture garden at Burghley House – this year’s exhibition is Beastly at Burghley until 30th October 2022.
- An augmented reality Dinosaur Safari is live in East Carlton Countryside Park and West Glebe Park in Corby – just download the Love Exploring app to take part.
- From 23 March to 20 April, join your community team to earn points, get active and win prizes in Beat The Street – a free, fun, 4-week walking and cycling game in Wellingborough.
- If you’re struggling with your mental health, Northamptonshire Mind run a Green Minds wellbeing group in Corby, with input from Groundwork Northamptonshire and Made with Many.
- If you’re looking for a family activity to do, why not take the Superworm trail and visit the Gruffalo sculptures at Fineshade Wood?
- The International Waendel Walk will be hosted in Wellingborough and the surrounding area from 13th-15th May 2022, with live music and activities on the Friday evening in the grounds of the Castle Theatre.
- Join a local creative group and meet some new friends- there are loads in the area!
- If you want to join a locally-run interest group, join one of the seven U3A groups in North Northants, whose members run a wide variety creative, relaxing and physical activities.
- Walk or cycle an accessible natural trail across green spaces with the Corby Heritage Trail.
- Now that Corby Heritage Centre has reopened, they are looking for Volunteers. Contact Billy Dalziel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 464284 to find out more. You can find lots more opportunities at Community Action Northants.
- Try making a picture of your walk using a walking mapping app e.g. Strava – join the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group to find more local people who are doing this too!
- If you love spending time outdoors, try a photography walk! Check out the Northamptonshire Walks website for routes, share the photos of your adventure with friends or on the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group, or Northamptonshire Nature and Landscape photography facebook group where you will find lots of like-minded folks.
- Ready to go out exploring? Northamptonshire! Britain’s Best Surprise has lots of ideas of local historic houses, parks and gardens to visit.
- If you haven’t already tried out seated dance and movement sessions with Tina Heeley, you can do it from home!
- Find dance classes at the Virtual Village Hall, where you can join in with live sessions or catch up on demand when suits it you, on the Virtual Village Hall Facebook Page.
- Enjoy some art on a walk! Visit the Red Kite Windows on Priors Hall Park or sculptures in and around the lakes and parkland at Oakley Vale – which have all been commissioned by local people.
- Join in Elevenses with Anton Du Beke at his home via Anton’s YouTube channel! Learn a Quickstep, Rumba, Jive, Waltz, Bossa Nova and many more dances.