Explore arts, culture and heritage from all around the world, from it’s beginnings in prehistoric and ancient civilisations right up to the present day with museum and gallery tours, lectures and online collections.
- Visit the MACE archive to see historical films from Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough and all over the East and West Midlands.
- In Google Earth Voyager, explore Colourful Street Festivals & Carnivals, Famous Writers’ Homes, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Lost Civilisations and much more.
- Visit the Library of Congress to explore eclectic exhibitions and digital collections.
- Find out all about the Great Fire of London at the Museum of London.
- The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex. Join them on a voyage of discovery and explore and learn online.
- The London School of Economic and Political Science hold some really interesting archives relating to gay and lesbian rights campaigning from the late 1950s to the 1990s as well as The Women’s Library, a collection that tells the story of the campaign for women’s rights and women’s equality from the beginnings of the suffrage movement to the present day.
- The Black Cultural Archives is a national heritage centre dedicated to collecting, preserving and celebrating the histories of African and Caribbean people in Britain. They have a special online exhibition for Windrush Day – Windrush Waves 2020 where they present a series of activities from podcasts to storytelling to learning resources about a significant part of British history.
- A visit to Paris may not be on the cards right now, but the Louvre‘s renowned art collections are available to browse as well as a 360 tour to enjoy some of the world’s most famous artworks, such as Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- Ever been to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao? You won’t be disappointed as they have amazing collections of modern and contemporary art. And check it out on Google Arts & Culture tour for insights into its abstract architecture, which is just as exquisite as the art inside!
- Interested in arts, heritage and health? The Wellcome Collection in London is a free museum and library which has a fantastic collection of artefacts, books, photographs, stories and artworks relating to health and life.
- Take a virtual tour of the Salvador Dalí Museum in Figueres, Spain to discover the life and work of this renowned surrealist artist.
- Explore the Google Street Art Project to browse online exhibitions featuring leading street artists from all over the world.
- Visit the incredible Sagrada Família in Barcelona and find out more about the work of highly creative Spanish architect Gaudí.
- Take a tour of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam on Google Arts & Culture or visit the Van Gogh Museum to find out more about his life and work.
- Visit the Florence Nightingale Museum in London, which celebrates the life and work of the best-known figure in nursing history. 2020 marks the bicentenary of Florence Nightingale’s birth with celebrations taking place across the globe.
- If you’ve never been to the British Museum, now’s your chance to explore one of the earliest and most extensive online museum search platforms in the world with more than 4 million artefacts at your fingertips! You can also take fantastic a 360 tour on Google Arts & Culture – who knows, maybe you’ll even plan a visit sometime?
Updated 15th June 2023