Find out about creative opportunities for children and young people in North Northamptonshire.
(Updated 19th October 2022)
- Find creative and outdoor opportunities at Groundwork Northants and The Green Patch.
- Follow NN Leisure on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for council led activities.
- The Chester House Estate are host events including Samhain Family Crafts in Autumn half-term.
- Corby Library and Wellingborough Library offer loads of fantastic creative opportunities for children and families all year round.
- Find arts venues that are Fantastic For Families.
- The Core at Corby Cube have regular creative sessions for children and young people and have a limited number of bursary places for those on a low income.
- Find loads of story resources and join the Book Club on the World Book Day website.
Pre-school children and their grown-ups
- Try Bub Club for 0-4s and their grown-ups.
- Enjoy nature walks and seasonal craft activities at Northamptonshire Country Parks and East Carlton Park.
- Explore the Superworm trail and visit the Gruffalo sculptures at Fineshade Wood.
- Take your little ones to Mini Musical Movers at The Core.
- Videos from Baby and Me sensory activities for you to do at home.
- Pen Green Centre host creative activities for under 4s.
- Carbon Theatre have put their Sensory Adventures videos online for you to enjoy at home.
Primary school age children
- Enjoy interactive and digital adventures with Outside In Theatre.
- An augmented reality Dinosaur Safari is live in East Carlton Countryside Park and West Glebe Park in Corby – just download the Love Exploring app to take part.
- Have a go at making puppets with Josh Macrow.
- Northants Music and Performing Arts Trust centres in Wellingborough and Corby.
- Storyline Online hosts a treasure trove of videos of children’s books being read by celebrated actors.
Primary/Secondary school age children
- Youth Works in Kettering offer a variety of creative groups.
- Every Thursday Glamis Hall Youth Club in Wellingborough run sessions with crafts, games and activities for children age 7-15.
- Children and young people in schools and clubs can access free films through Into Film and take part in the world’s largest youth film festival.
- Join Fermynwoods Contemporary Arts‘ Minecraft world of Rockingham Castle!
- Sign up to join a Young Writers group with Writing East Midlands.
- Age 6 – 15 years old? Then you can earn yourself a Blue Peter badge to gain FREE entry into loads of great UK attractions! You can earn a blue badge by sending in a story, craft make, picture or poem. Or why not apply for a special music badge – even if you don’t have a musical instrument at home you can use the Bring the Noise interactive tool!
- Visit the Scouts website for some great make and do activities to keep the children occupied during your time at home – these challenges can even count towards Beaver, Cub or Scout Activity Badges!
- Northamptonshire Music & Performing Arts Trust
- Project M – a youth music project in Corby.
- Writing East Midlands – Young Writers groups and a Beyond the Spectrum ASD group.
- HD Media CIC on the job training/experience for future careers in film, television and web-casting.
- The Creation Station – varied opportunities for 12 – 18 year olds at the Core at Corby Cube.
- Oakley Rangers in Corby – Rockschool style music lessons.
- Corby Amateur Theatrical Society in Corby
- GLJ Theatre in Wellingborough
- Starlight Dance and Musical Theatre School in Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough.
- Kilburn School of Dance in Wellingborough
- Melodies Theatre Academy in Rushden
- Screen Northants Academy provides young people with an enriching film industry experience.
- Apply to the Young Artists’ Summer Show at the Royal Academy of Arts in 2023.
- Apply for funding from The Travers Foundation or apply for their annual Travers Rising Stars challenge.
- The Core at Corby Cube and Royal & Derngate have bursary places available for their opportunities for young people as well as offering discounts on some shows.
- Dance4 has opportunities for young dancers across the East Midlands
- Emerging performers can register for Northamptonshire’s Rising Star competition.