Find out about creative opportunities for children and young people in North Northamptonshire. Also see resources for Emerging Creatives.
- Join Canvas Youth Group to help plan a festival for Wellingborough
- Splore at The Core in February half-term
- Circus skills for families and young people in Kettering.
- Half-term activities at ARTworks in Kettering.
Pre-school children and their grown-ups
- Try Bub Club for 0-4s and their grown-ups.
- Take the Wild Winter Challenge
- Check out our local libraries in Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering, Oundle, Irthlingborough or Rushden for seasonal craft sessions.
- Enjoy creative outdoor activities at Northamptonshire Country Parks.
- Visit the Gruffalo sculptures at Fineshade Wood.
- Take your little ones to Mini Musical Movers at The Core.
- Videos from Baby and Me sensory activities for you to do at home.
- Pen Green Centre host creative activities for under 4s.
- Carbon Theatre have put their Sensory Adventures videos online for you to enjoy at home.
Primary school age children
- Children’s Mental Health Week activities for 4 – 11 year olds
- Corby Library and Wellingborough Library offer loads of fantastic creative opportunities for children and families all year round.
- Find creative and outdoor opportunities at Groundwork Northants and The Green Patch.
- Find loads of story resources and join the Book Club on the World Book Day website.
- Enjoy interactive and digital adventures with Outside In Theatre.
- An augmented reality Dinosaur Safari is live in East Carlton Countryside Park and West Glebe Park in Corby – just download the Love Exploring app to take part.
- Have a go at making puppets with Josh Macrow.
- Northants Music and Performing Arts Trust centres in Wellingborough and Corby.
- Storyline Online hosts a treasure trove of videos of children’s books being read by celebrated actors.
Primary/Secondary school age children
- Sign up to join a Young Writers group in Kettering or Corby with Writing East Midlands.
- Youth Works in Kettering offer a variety of creative groups.
- Every Thursday Glamis Hall Youth Club in Wellingborough run sessions with crafts, games and activities for children age 7-15.
- Children and young people in schools and clubs can access free films through Into Film and take part in the world’s largest youth film festival.
- Join Fermynwoods Contemporary Arts‘ Minecraft world of Rockingham Castle!
- Age 6 – 15 years old? Then you can earn yourself a Blue Peter badge to gain FREE entry into loads of great UK attractions! You can earn a blue badge by sending in a story, craft make, picture or poem, or apply for a special music badge.
- Visit the Scouts website for some great make and do activities to keep the children occupied during your time at home – these challenges can even count towards Beaver, Cub or Scout Activity Badges!
- Children’s Mental Health Week activities for 11- 18 year olds
- Join the Canvas youth group in Wellingborough.
- Youth Works run lots of groups including circus skills and games sessions.
- Northamptonshire Music & Performing Arts Trust
- Project M – a youth music project in Corby.
- The Core at Corby Cube have regular creative sessions for children and young people and have a limited number of bursary places for those on a low income.
- Writing East Midlands – Young Writers groups and a Beyond the Spectrum ASD group.
- The Creation Station – varied opportunities for 12 – 18 year olds at the Core at Corby Cube.
- Oakley Rangers in Corby – Rockschool style music lessons.
- Corby Amateur Theatrical Society in Corby
- GLJ Theatre in Wellingborough
- Starlight Dance and Musical Theatre School in Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough.
- Kilburn School of Dance in Wellingborough
- Melodies Theatre Academy in Rushden
- Screen Northants Academy provides young people with an enriching film industry experience.
Updated 16th February 2024