- This event has passed.
Watch A Show – ideas & inspiration
February 12 - March 12Free
Watch A Show
There are fantastic archives and live streams online just waiting to be discovered, and some innovative new work being made and presented online…so why not check them out?
(Updated 12th February 2021)
- Find a show that will keep the whole family entertained at The Core at Corby Cube‘s newly launched Imagination Station.
- Love films? Dublin International Film Festival goes online this year from 3rd – 14th March 2021.
- The Castle Theatre in Wellingborough, has curated a collection of their favourite performances from around the world, ensuring that you can enjoy the very best theatrical offering, safe and sound at home whilst they work on their plans for re-opening. Follow The Castle Wellingborough facebook page for more updates.
- During the first lockdown of 2020, Grayson Perry brought the nation together through his Art Club. Now you can see the gallery showing artworks from the series, and find out more about some of the artists.
- Stamford Arts Centre have a whole host of online programming for you to enjoy on their facebook and YouTube channels.
- Have a look at the Theatre section of the Fantastic for Families website for all sorts of family-friendly shows to view online.
- Do you work in a school or lead a club for children and young people? If you do, you can set up a film club and access free films from Into Film and take part in the world’s largest youth film festival.
- Lots of places now offer online content, both free and ticketed – check out The Royal Opera House, as well as What’s On Stage for a whole variety of shows.
- Attend the Social Distancing Festival from your easy chair – find live performances happening all over the world, including music, theatre, poetry, storytelling, comedy, opera and more.
- Glastonbury may be postponed until next year, but you can catch up with some great festival performances from 2019 and fantastic Music documentaries on BBC iPlayer.
- Royal & Derngate’s brand new digital musical (for grown-ups) #ZoologicalSociety is now live. A concept album has been released that you can stream now for FREE on Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music.
- Teachers and students can watch popular recordings of National Theatre Live collection of 30 world-class productions is now available for educational institutions to stream at home. UK state-funded teachers and pupils can access the Collection for free.
- World-renowned performers, Cirque du Soleil are providing a much-needed distraction to your screens! On their website you’ll find spectacular shows, behind-the-scenes videos. virtual reality experiences and more!
- Fancy attending an armchair concert? The Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra has started a National Digital Concert Hall for your listening pleasure!
- Need a Little Help is a moving and uplifting show by Half Moon Theatre and Tangled Feet based on the experiences of young carers, which explores what it means to look after someone else when you are young. Free to watch and ideal for ages 2 – 7.
- Filmed On Stage have a huge variety of free filmed theatre performances to stream free at home whilst venues are closed.
- Deafinitely Theatre are releasing 3 online performances signed in BSL. Love’s Labour’s Lost is the first play of the plays you can watch online for FREE!