- This event has passed.
Time To… TAKEOVER
March 14 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Time To… TAKEOVER
UPDATE: 12th March 2020
Time To TAKEOVER Postponement notice
At Made In Corby we have taken the decision to postpone this weekend’s Time To Takeover event until a future date.
The event has been co-created with a range of older people’s groups including several care homes. Due to the spread of COVID19 those care homes are no longer attending public events and therefore are unable to participate in our Time To Takeover event. So whilst there is no immediate guidance from central government to cancel community events we have taken the decision to postpone.
“We will restage the event at a time when the people who created the work can fully participate in this wonderful celebration of their creativity!”
Helen Willmott (Made In Corby Programme Director)
We are very sorry for any disappointment caused.
Please note that the following activities were planned and will be rescheduled.
Join us for a celebration of Corby’s creativity as we stage a TAKEOVER of the Corby Cube
This FREE event is suitable for all ages and features drop-in craft and dance taster workshops as well as a showcase of creative work by local people. From exhibitions of visual art, creative writing and photography, to live performances of dance, spoken word, singing and more! And don’t miss your chance to have a go at making sensory music with Eye Music Trust or getting your groove on at the silent disco with music through the decades!
Date: Saturday 14th March 2020
Times: 10am – 3pm
Venue: The Core At Corby Cube
Who is it for: All ages. Family friendly.
Price: Free entry. No need to book, just drop in and stay as long as you like.
FREE WORKSHOPS (in Corby Library, the Lab and the B2 bar)
• 10.30 – 11am Family dance workshop with Tina Heeley. Just drop in (no experience is necessary)
• 10am – 3pm Crazy Creatures craft workshop with Linzi Bright
• 10am – 3pm Paper flowers craft workshop with Phiona Richards
• 10am – 3pm Sensory music workshop with Eye Music
• 10am – 3pm Corby’s found poems with Ryan Leder: join our story-gathering mission through creative writing.
• 10am – 3pm Drop in Silent Disco with music through the decades
FREE PERFORMANCES (in The Core Theatre)
• 10.15am Hazelwood dance group
• 1.30pm Singing4Breathing group
• Elsa’s found poem (time to be confirmed)
EXHIBITIONS by Time To Create groups (in The Core Theatre)
• Paper Sculptures (Corby Library group with artist Phiona Richards)
• Picture Cubes (Autumn Centre group with artist Phiona Richards)
• Felt Landscapes (Sandalwood Court care home group with artist Linzi Bright)
• Lino prints (Corby Library group with artist Linzi Bright)
• Large fabric work (Seagrave House care home with artist Linzi Bright)
• Creative writing from Seagrave House, GlenmoorHouse and Sandalwood Court care homes (in collaboration with Writing East Midlands)
• Corby’s found poems (made with local people and Ryan Leder)
• Time To Create documentary by Paul Stringer
• Visual art work (Seagrave House care home and Eye Music)
Funded by the ScottishPower Foundation
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw
Keep in Touch