Stay active during lockdown
You might not be able to socialise as much as you’d like, but don’t let that stop you trying these feelgood activities.
(Updated 12th February 2021) Please be aware that government restrictions are currently in place asking people to stay local – it might be helpful to check the guidelines on travel and exercising.
- If you’d like to try some Animal Yoga check out February’s edition of The Wild Winter Challenge!
- Get Monday morning off to a good start with your little ones by taking part in Mini Musical Movers – join in from the comfort of your own home with local artist Sophia and bring your babies and toddlers to sing, move and play!
- Sign up to a Virtual Discovery Week from 15th – 19th February with The Royal Parks and shake off the winter blues with a week of free spring-inspired virtual interactive activities that will have you and the family enjoying the fresh air.
- Try making a picture of your walk using a walking mapping app e.g. Strava – join the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group to find more local people who are doing this too!
- If you love spending time outdoors, try a photography walk! Wrap up warm and get your sturdy shoes on, then get snapping with your phone or camera! Check out the Northamptonshire Walks website for loads of ideas of where to walk nearby and when you get home, share the photos of your adventure with friends or on the Northamptonshire Walks facebook group, or Northamptonshire Nature and Landscape photography facebook group where you will find lots of like-minded folks.
- *COMING SOON – Early 2021* Over 65s in Wellingborough will soon be able to take part in a new 12-week dance project at Glamis Hall with Tina Heeley, with support from our Cultivate programme.
- *COMING SOON – Spring 2021* Outside In Theatre will be working with local volunteers to create a guided audio walk for younger children and their families that will lead families through Croyland Gardens in Wellingborough to explore a magical story. This project is supported by our Cultivate programme.
- Ready to go out exploring? Northamptonshire! Britain’s Best Surprise has lots of ideas of local historic houses, parks and gardens to visit, and it’s worth following their twitter for updates on reopening dates for the county’s theatres and museums.
- Check out the dance and movement activities on the Fantastic For Families website, where you’ll find lots of great ways to get moving!
- If you haven’t already tried out our dance and movement sessions with Liz Clark or Tina Heeley, now’s your chance.
- Find dance classes at the Virtual Village Hall, where you can join in with live sessions or catch up on demand when suits it you, on the Virtual Village Hall Facebook Page.
- The Sofa Singers is a free and weekly online singing event that brings people together from around the world to spark joy and human connection. Great for those who love a sing-song, are missing their usual choir group or people trying to boost respiratory health.
- Get outdoors for some fresh air and draw some inspiration from nature! As long as you maintain social distance it’s really good for you to get outdoors. Try doing a quick pencil sketch when you’re out for a walk in the countryside or in the garden. Children will love drawing on the paving slabs in your garden with coloured chalk if you want to stay home – have a look here for inspiration.
- Renowned illustrator Quentin Blake has a fun and free section on his website where you can find colouring-in activities as well as e-cards to brighten someone’s day, even if you can’t get out to the shops to buy them one!
- Enjoy some art on a walk! Visit the Red Kite Windows on Priors Hall Park or sculptures in and around the lakes and parkland at Oakley Vale – which have all been commissioned by local people.
- Join in Elevenses with Anton Du Beke at his home via Anton’s YouTube channel! Learn a Quickstep, Rumba, Jive, Waltz, Bossa Nova and many more dances.
Keep in Touch
For future updates on news, events and opportunities please sign up to the e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Share this with your friends