Drop-in anytime for free music and craft workshops...have a go at music production, instrument making, sensory music and loads more!
Where: The Core at Corby Cube, George Street, NN17 1QG [link to map]
Day: Saturday 26th March
Times: drop in anytime from 11am - 3pm
Who is it for: Suitable for all ages, perfect for families.
Share: invite your facebook friends HERE
Download: A4 poster or eflyer
- The Wild Tribe: Join The Wild Tribe as we make an array of musical crafts! From wooden bell tambourines to embroidery hoop guitars, we can't wait to create and make music with you!
- Carbon Theatre: Join Carbon Theatre to create and explore the sound of a storm through balloons and bed sheets!
- Underground Creatives: Join Mr Shay and Chris Wilkinson for a loop station workshop.
- Ian Beckles: Experience the sounds of the steel drum with Ian Beckles, a professional steelpan musician from Trinidad & Tobago who now lives in Corby. Take 20 minutes out of your day to learn about and create sounds on this unique Caribbean instrument.
- Creative Intelligence Studio: Join Deuon Smith for a music production workshop; a great introduction for any budding young musician or creative!
- Greg Coulson: From clapping games to sensory percussion this workshop with Greg Coulson, perfect for any child (and grown-up) who is interested in music and would like to be involved in a relaxed and creative environment!
- **CANCELLED DIE TO COVID** Eye Music: Drop in to the unique Colour/Music Sensory Installation and create your own world of colour and music through movement. Large fabric 'sails' fill the space to reflect and mix colours and light that you create. Eye Music's resident composer, David Stevens, will be in the space to show you how to create whole orchestras of sound with just the movement of your hands or feet over special infra-red sensors. Sound-paintings can also be played by moving your hands over the surface and you can 'paint' rainbows of colour around the space. Part of the Eye Music, Arts Council England-funded tour (as seen at Grow Festival Corby 2020).
- The event runs from 11am until 3pm and you can drop in at any time throughout the day, free of charge, no need to book in advance
- Workshops with The Wild Tribe are most suitable for children aged 3+
- Workshops with Carbon Theatre, Eye Music and Greg Coulson are most suitable for children aged 0+ as well as children with additional needs. Eye Music's workshop is also suitable for adults with additional needs.
- Workshops with Mr Shay and Deuon Smith are most suitable for older children or children and young people with a keen interest in music making or those who play an instrument (though this is not a requirement).
- Venue: The Core at Corby Cube. We will be running the event in the theatre and The Lab. Both of these are located on floor B2 accessible via the lifts or the stairs just after the help desk in the lobby of the Corby Cube.
- Parking: The nearest car park, including disabled spaces, is Parklands Gateway, between the Corby Cube and East Midlands International Swimming Pool. This is a pay and display car park. The main bus stops in the town centre stop directly in front of the Corby Cube.
- Baby changing: There are baby changing facilities in both the male and female toilets on the same floor as the theatre and The Lab. The venue is also buggy accessible.
- COVID safety: Whilst there are no legal requirements around covid, we respect anyone's right to wear a face covering should they wish to. The staff and artists will also take a careful approach in regards to hygiene of any shared equipment. Our latest guidelines are HERE
- Refreshments: the bar at the venue will not be open during our event
- Should you have any specific access requirements, please contact email@example.com or call/text 07525589702 to discuss.
Keep in Touch
For future updates on news, events and opportunities please sign up to the e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – or Get Inspired on our website.