Join a local group or connect with local artists
Enjoy the work of local artists remotely, or take part in some online taster sessions – you might like it enough to go in real life once lockdown is lifted!
- The Rooftop Arts Centre in Corby are presenting their first online exhibition, Connect until 5th July 2020. Follow the exhibition on social media with the hashtag #ConnectOnlineExhibition.
- Think you can’t draw? Then this drawing workshop is for you! Courtesy of Jessica Harby, artist and Assistant Director of Fermynwoods Contemporary Art based in Thrapston.
- Join a local creative writing group usually based at Johnny’s Happy Place in Kettering and hosted online by Performance Poet Kezzabelle Ambler. Simply join the Weaving Words facebook group and you’ll get session reminders and instructions of how to join their meetings on Zoom.
- Sing your heart out with Lisa Matthewman and the Big About Singing Corby Community Choir – they usually meet weekly in Corby but for now you can join them in a live session on facebook every Wednesday morning at 10am.
- If you’re self-isolating and can’t get out into nature, try grounding yourself by listening to a beautiful dawn chorus birdsong recorded in Glapthorn wood by local musician, instrument maker and wildlife recordist Nick Penny.
- Listen to local composer, producer, musician and songwriter Paul Kirkpatrick at his YouTube channel where you can find loads of original contemporary music videos by him and his band, Glitch Code.
Keep in Touch
For future updates on news, events and opportunities please sign up to the newsletter below or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Share this with your friends