Join a local group or connect with local artists – ideas & inspiration
19th December 2020 - 3rd January 2021Free
Join a local group or connect with local artists
Enjoy the work of local artists remotely, or take part in some online taster sessions – you might like it enough to go in real life when venues are reopened!
(Updated 16th November 2020)
- Wellingborough Cooperative Amateur Dramatic Society (WCADS) have started holding weekly virtual play readings, quizzes and social get-togethers – join them online for some theatre and to make new friends.
- Corby Photographic Club have a full Zoom programme until the end of May 2021 and guests are always welcome.
- Follow The Green Room, who have been creating pop-up live-streamed outdoor music performances in surprise locations around Corby and are busy working behind the scenes to continue their shows throughout lockdown and beyond. They go live on facebook on Friday nights around 8pm and you can expect familiar artists as well as artists from all around the world.
- Follow The Eloquent Fold, aka Phiona Richards and Carole Miles – two local visual artists who share lots of ideas for making and often have project opportunities coming up.
- Lets Connect – Saheli Sakhi Milan is a digital social group for Asian Women in Northamptonshire. There are lots of creative activities on offer as well as being a platform to share interests, socialise and share information.
- Join the Northamptonshire Urban Sketchers if you like drawing outside.
- Visit The Rooftop Arts Centre for details of their latest exhibitions and activities – whether in person or online.
- Northants Music and Performing Arts Trust centres are still not able to meet in person, but they have a new initiative – NMPATVC Virtual Centre. Just like their regular centres, you don’t need any experience to join in, and there is something for everyone who enjoys Music and the Performing Arts to participate in, and is available throughout Northants, including Wellingborough and Corby.
- Navigate to Fermynwoods Contemporary Art to gain inspiration from their online programme of free art activities and creative prompts for all ages.
- Join a local creative writing group usually based at Johnny’s Happy Place in Kettering and hosted online by Performance Poet Kezzabelle Ambler. Simply join the Weaving Words facebook group and you’ll get session reminders and instructions of how to join their meetings on Zoom.
- Sing your heart out with Lisa Matthewman and the Big About Singing Corby Community Choir – they usually meet weekly in Corby but for now you can join them in live sessions on facebook.
- If you’re self-isolating and can’t get out into nature, try grounding yourself by listening to a beautiful dawn chorus birdsong recorded in Glapthorn wood by local musician, instrument maker and wildlife recordist Nick Penny.
- Listen to local composer, producer, musician and songwriter Paul Kirkpatrick at his YouTube channel where you can find loads of original contemporary music videos by him and his band, Glitch Code.
- Screen Northants have regular opportunities to get involved in film-making projects in Northamptonshire.
- Deep Roots Tall Trees Choir and Dance Theatre have been busy over lockdown, and they are always looking for new members if you want to join in the fun.