- This event has passed.
Field Day Festival
24th September 2016 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
About Field Day Festival
Over the past few months, we have been working in collaboration with the KHL Big Local Partnership. The plan was to create an exciting one day festival event on Saturday 24th September at Woodsend Field in Corby from 11am – 5pm.
Open to everybody, the day will celebrate the local area and will be an opportunity for the Corby community to come together in a relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable event. There’ll be an array of activities including: music, story-telling, art, plenty to watch and take part in… and not forgetting a few surprises!
Make sure to click “interested” on the Field Day Festival Event on Facebook to keep in the loop with exciting announcements, also please feel free to share with your friends to let them know about the day!
Entry to the site and all of the activities on the day are FREE of charge! So don’t let the September Blues get you down, come and have a fantastic day, totally on us! We’re also offering a voucher for the first 500 attendees, so if you arrive early enough you might even be able to bag yourself a FREE ice cream too!
Field Day Festival Announcements
- Parrabbola – A new storytelling theatre production will be performed from stories gathered from around Corby
- InfuseDANCE – Choreographing a dance that YOU can get involved in #CorbyConnected!
- TUBUP The Utterly Butterly Ukulele Project – Make your own ukulele and join in a fun performance
- Corby Community Arts – Take part in creating a collage of photographs at the festival
- Changing faces, Jacqueline’s Face Painting and Bridget – All on hand to make sure you look bedazzling
- Corby Archers – Take your aim with some archery
- Circus Sensible – Don’t run away to join the circus, they’re coming to you to teach you the tricks of the trade!
- Matheson Marcault – Inspiring you to create your own manifestos about Corby
- Workshops with Liam (workshopswithliam.com) – Come and have a go at wood carving
- Mouthy Poets – Creating poetry (from monologues to song writing!) and performance
- Festive Road – Step back in time with their dinosaur walkabouts
- Taster sessions at 12 and 2pm with Deep Roots Tall Trees
- Jim Byrne from Corby Radio keeping things running smoothly as our Compere
- Local restaurateur, Maamalicious, serving up delicious dishes
- Monkshood Coffee to keep us caffeinated and hydrated
- Some amazing talent on our main stage, including:
- DJ Barbwire www.facebook.com/
Check out the programme
All of the activities listed above, including: face painting, glitter tattoos, wood carving, the virtual reality tent are more are entirely FREE of charge! The only thing that isn’t free is the food stall on the day, but you are more than welcome to bring a blanket and a picnic if you’d rather!
A map of the Festival Location
PLEASE LOVE OUR ENVIRONMENT! Field Day Festival’s location is only a 13 minute walk from the town centre, or you could even catch the number 3 bus! Parking is only available to vendors on the day of the festival, so save yourself the hassle of finding somewhere to park and take the short walk!