Explore The World
October 24 - November 1Free
Explore the world
Explore arts, culture and heritage from all around the world, from it’s beginnings in prehistoric and ancient civilisations right up to the present day with museum and gallery tours and online collections.
- If you’ve never been to the British Museum, now’s your chance to explore one of the earliest and most extensive online museum search platforms in the world with more than 4 million artefacts at your fingertips! You can also take fantastic a 360 tour on Google Arts & Culture – who knows, maybe you’ll even plan a visit sometime?
- Paris may be on lockdown but the Louvre‘s renowned art collections are available to browse as well as a 360 tour to enjoy some of the world’s most famous artworks, such as Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- Ever been to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao? You won’t be disappointed as they have amazing collections of modern and contemporary art. And check it out on Google Arts & Culture tour for insights into its abstract arhitecture, which is just as exquisite as the art inside!
- Find out what Northamptonshire is famous for making at Northamptonshire Boot and Shoe Museum website where you can explore 900 years of shoemaking heritage.
- Interested in arts, heritage and health? The Wellcome Collection in London is a free museum and library which has a fantastic collection of artefacts, books, photographs, stories and artworks relating to health and life.
- Take a virtual tour of the Salvador Dalí Museum in Figueres, Spain to discover the life and work of this renowned surrealist artist.
- Explore the Google Street Art Project to browse online exhibitions featuring leading street artists from all over the world.
- Visit the incredible Sagrada Família in Barcelona and find out more about the work of highly creative Spanish architect Gaudí.
- Take a tour of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam on Google Arts & Culture or visit the Van Gogh Museum to find out more about his life and work.
- Visit the Florence Nightingale Museum in London, which celebrates the life and work of the best-known figure in nursing history. 2020 marks the bicentenary of Florence Nightingale’s birth with celebrations taking place across the globe.