Enjoy a story
October 24 - November 1Free
Enjoy a Story
If you’re tired of the news, enjoy the ultimate escapism of reading or listening to a book. Just close your eyes and imagine you’re elsewhere…watching the story unfold in your imagination.
- Escape into a book. Read an eBook or listen to an eAudiobook available FREE from BorrowBox for any device – just activate with your existing library membership!
- To help parents entertain their children during school closures, Audible has made hundreds of audiobooks free to listen to…many of which are literary classics that will appeal to adults and children alike.
- Fancy Elevenses? At 11am every day David Walliams is releasing a free children’s audio story every day for a month – relax and enjoy!
- Looking for something unique? Do you have an interest in digital stories, electronic literature or digital art? Then have a look around the Digital Fiction Curios archive to experience something immersive and unique.
- Booktrust have lots of resources to encourage a love of reading in children, from classic children’s stories to interactive books to watch with signing as well as free, fun games to enjoy online.
- Read about Corby’s Living Legends online, as we have now made our book including 10 stories from local people available online as a pdf document.
- Don’t forget that every night CBeebies have a bedtime story that you and your children can also access on the CBeebies Storytime app.