- This event has passed.
Colourscape 23rd & 24th July
July 23 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on 24th July 2022 at 10:00 am
Music, dance, colour and fun come together in this immersive arts experience from Eye Music Trust.
Come and experience the Moonorooni Touring Colourscape, a labyrinth of 25 interconnected inflatable chambers of colour and with spectacular music performances inside, in Wellingborough’s Queensway Park on Saturday 23rd July and Eastfield Park on Sunday 24th July.
Each day from 10am to 3pm Colourscape will be open with Michael Ormiston presenting free-flowing performances and workshops for families on unusual ethnic instruments. And David Stevens presenting ‘Sound-Paintings’ where you can create your own music just by moving your hands across touch-sensitive paintings. Fantastic for all ages from babies through to 100 year-olds.
10am to 3pm both weekend days (music plays 10.30am – 2.30pm)
£1 per person (income will be used to fund further workshops for local people at Glamis Hall)
To ensure entry you can book your 30-minute slot to explore this fantastic world of light and colour online. Tickets purchased on the door are subject to limited availability, so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Date & location: Sunday 24th July – Eastfield Park, off Cross Road, Wellingborough NN8 4EB
CLICK HERE to book a slot on Sunday 24th July
Due to the nature of these parks, access to the sites is on foot. Flat-level access is available next to Glamis Hall and in the streets around Eastfield Park. Both events will have other community stalls and refreshment outlets available.
Made With Many staff will be available if you have any queries on the day. Families with SEN children and adults with additional needs can ask for further support from staff on site.
Important things to know:
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Adults are responsible for the children in their care.
- For the safety and comfort of visitors, running is not allowed inside Colourscape. If behaviour is deemed unsafe, you may be asked to leave.
- Pushchairs are not allowed in the Colourscape space but they can be safely parked with staff at the entrance to Colourscape.
- Most wheelchairs can be accommodated in Colourscape
- Please check Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates on the weather and availability.
- Tickets may be booked online or on the day of your visit at the Welcome Station.
- If you cannot book all of the tickets you require in a single time-slot, try booking across two adjacent time slots. Please arrive for the earliest of your timeslots and let us know on the door. We will let your group in together.
- Your ticket admits you for up to 30 minutes. Please do not exceed your time limit as this affects our admissions system. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your admission
- Latecomers may be refused entry as there is a strict safety capacity limit for visitors.
- Please note, last entry will be at 2.30pm each day.
- Colourscape cannot take place in strong winds. In the event of adverse weather, or other conditions beyond our control, cancelled timeslots will be refunded automatically. While we will endeavour to give the earliest possible notice for cancelled events, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience incurred, other than the value of tickets already purchased. The face value of the
ticket can only be refunded and not the booking fee.
- For last-minute updates about cancellations, you are advised to check our social media before setting off. Any cancellation will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
Colourscape is spacious inside and there is ample space for social distancing. We estimate that the fresh air circulating is replaced about every 15 minutes.