- This event has passed.
Saturday Morning Art Club (Mar- Jun)
May 7 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Saturday, repeating until 25th June 2022
Saturday Morning Art Club
Join Wellingborough African Caribbean Association each week for Saturday Morning Art Club (until 25 June). There are free creative activities for children and young people including workshops from Marvin Mudzongo from Lemonpop Workshops, a Windrush Book Club and arts and crafts sessions.
Enquiries: Contact Sylvia Erskine on firstname.lastname@example.org or
Date: Saturdays until 25 June 2022
Time: 11am – 1pm (some session times may vary – see the full programme for more details*)
Venue: Wellingborough African Caribbean Association (WACA), 27-29 Rock Street, Wellingborough NN8 4LW [link to map]
Cost: FREE to attend!
Who is it for: Activities are suitable for children from age 6 – 16 years.
Parking: Free in Jackson’s Lane car park nearby.
Share: Invite your facebook friends
This event has been created in partnership with the Black Community Forum (part of Made With Many) and supported by Arts Council England.
- Saturday 11 June, 11am-1pm: Paint a Caribbean scene and Textile activities
- Saturday 18 June, 12pm- 5pm: Family Open Day Celebration for Windrush Day (Art Club break)
- Saturday 25 June, 11am-1pm: Paint like a pro!
- Saturday 19 March, 11am-1pm: Design a poster, make a group canvas, work on your sketch books or have a go at Jewellery Making.
- Saturday 26 March, 11am-1pm: Create your own framed portrait and write a story about yourself.
- Saturday 2 April, 12pm-2pm: Spring Arts Festival @ Wellingborough Library
- Saturday 9 April, 11am-1pm: Windrush Book Club (reading Benjamin Zephaniah’s book, The Windrush Child). Create and illustrate a book cover.
- Saturday 16 April: Break for Easter
- Saturday 23 April, 11am-1pm: Recycle and reuse in art
- Saturday 30 April, 11am-1pm: Card making and crochet
- Saturday 7 May, 11am-1pm: Graffiti art and African print
- Saturday 14 May, 11am-1pm: Windrush Book Club (reading Benjamin Zephaniah’s book, The Windrush Child). Make your own bookmark or paint a Caribbean scene.
- Saturday 21 May, 11am-1pm: African print and Headdress making
- Saturday 28 May, 2-5pm: Hello Africa event (Art Club break). Painting, card making and storytelling
- Saturday 4 June, 11am-1pm: Windrush Book Club Benjamin Zephaniah – The Windrush Child (Activity book) Windrush collage