African Caribbean Culture and Wellbeing Event
About this event
The event will comprise Storytelling, African Drumming and Music with taster samples of healthy African and Caribbean food, as well as an opportunity to meet your Community Champions.
When: Friday 6th August 2pm - 6pm
Venue: WACA, Rock Street, Wellingborough NN8 4LW
- 2:00 pm Welcome with Myrle Roach
- 2:05 pm Overview on the COVID Community Champions programme
- 2:15 pm Story Telling – African and Caribbean stories; Storytelling group activity
- 3:00 pm African Music with focus on drums
- 4:00 pm Comfort Break
- 4:15 pm Create a simple call and response chorus with drums
- 5:00 pm Short presentation on healthy African and Caribbean food (ingredients/cultural equipment etc) with taster session.
- 6:00 pm END OF EVENT
How to book
To book visit this bit.ly/UAAEvent
Invite your facebook friends at www.facebook.com/events/5792546680816099
To see COVID measures in place please visit madewithmany.org/staying-safe/
Find out more about Community Champions
Find out more about Community Champions and watch the Community Champions videos.
Keep in Touch
For future updates on news, events and opportunities please sign up to the e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – or Get Inspired on our website.