Creative Kingswood & Hazel Leys is a community-led creative programme operating on the estates of Kingswood and Hazel Leys in Corby. As a partnership between the KHL Big Local Partnership, Made With Many, The Core at Corby Cube and Corby Community Arts, we run a variety of creative activities including pop-up activities, festivals, workshops and public art, aiming to make a positive impact on our area and community.
From November 2018 to October 2022 we were part of the Creative Civic Change programme run by Local Trust. Investment of over £200k allowed us to work with local residents on a wide range of projects, including supporting the KHL Community Workshop, creating 4 new murals and a range of creative workshops for local residents.
There are plans for the collective to continue their work, including more workshops in the workshop and new sculptural benches at the areas’ two skate parks. Watch out on our newsletter and social media for more details!
Community Power Podcast
As Creative Civic Change comes to a close, Local Trust chat to George Hill from the KHL Big Local Partnership in Corby and other guests about the ways art and creativity have brought their Midlands communities together in the Community Power podcast.
Reflecting on 4 years of Creative Civic Change
View the film below or view and share on facebook.
Current events and activities
More creative masterclasses are being arranged at the new KHL Community Workshop and will be announced in early 2023.
- Wednesday 30th November – Repair Clinic
- Wednesday 25th January 2023 – Repair Clinic
- Wednesday 22nd February 2023 – Repair Clinic
- Wednesday 22nd March 2023 – Repair Clinic
Some of the previous projects developed through Creative KHL:
- Bobbin Lace starter class (November 2022)
- Textiles and Printmaking Masterclass (November 2022)
- Pottery Masterclass (November 2022)
- Flower Crown Making Workshop (November 2022)
- Enamelling for Jewellery Masterclass (November 2022)
- SculptWeek Artist Residency (October 2022)
- KHL Murals (August 2022)
- Trip to SO Festival in Skegness (August 2022)
- Creative Bursaries (July 2022)
- Art Up Your Shed (July – September 2022)
- KHL Community Workshop (June 2022)
- Community Murals workshops (April 2022)
- Art Up Your Street (February 2020)
- Trip to Bring The Paint (May 2019)
- Launch event (May 2019)
Creative KHL is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund, the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation and Local Trust . The Creative Civic Change initiative is a shared desire to create a deeper knowledge and understanding of what community-led cultural activity looks like in action.
Updated 30th November 2022