Resources for Creatives and Projects
Updated 24th January 2023
These resources may be useful to Creatives and those who run creative and cultural projects, with a focus on Corby and Wellingborough. Please also see our Work With Us page and find out about joining our Cultivate Programme.
- Sign up to free webinars with the Digital Culture Network.
- Merged Futures‘ annual technology innovation showcase returns to the University of Northampton’s Learning Hub on Friday 30th June.
- Whether you’re a young person or experienced professional there’s something for you at the Northants Film & TV Expo & Careers Fair on Saturday 21st May.
- Wellbeing in the Arts has launched a low-cost counselling service for individuals who work in the arts.
- Find a range of on-demand webinars to help you with your creative project at Culture Central.
- PRS for Music have compiled a 2023 Festival Application Guide with details on UK and international events accepting artist applications.
Grants & Work Opportunities
- Sign up for the Corby Voluntary Network weekly newsletter and for news about grants and regular network meetings – contact Sean.Silver@groundwork.org.uk and for grants news in Wellingborough and East Northants, contact SERVE about signing up for their fortnightly e-bulletin.
- Explore funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Arts Council England.
- See Youth Music for help to support music-making related activities for children and young people (aged 0-25).
- Apply for funding from The National Lottery Community Fund or TESCO Community Grants
- Arts Council England‘s Developing Your Creative Practice fund for individual cultural and creative practitioners to focus on their creative development.
- Sign up for NVCA’s weekly e-bulletin for up-to-date information on funding availability.
- Northamptonshire Community Foundation have a Grant Finder to help you find grants for projects.
- Applications are open for grants from £3,000 up to £5million.
- Check out opportunities from the other Creative People and Places projects around the country by following our Twitter list.
- Search ArtsJobs for work – there are quite a few roles available in the East Midlands.
Opportunities for Emerging Creatives
- NN Contemporary runs an NN Associates programme for creatives who are 18 plus and not in full-time education or employment.
- Writing East Midlands provide support and opportunities for writers.
- Are you a Producer, Writer or Director living or studying in Northamptonshire? Get involved in Northampton Film Festival.
- Emerging performers can register for Northamptonshire’s Rising Star competition each year.
- The Travers Foundation is a charity that provides financial support to local 13 to 30 year-olds and help them to realise their dreams in sport, music and arts.
- Join Royal & Derngate’s Generate artist development scheme.
- ScreenSkills Mentoring in association with Screen Northants Academy is a free mentoring programme for those 18yrs+ living in Northamptonshire and the surrounding counties for those at an Early or Experienced stage in their careers in any film crew role from Writer and Director to Make Up Artist and Runner.
- Sign up to the Northants Cultural Education Partnership.
Professional Development, Learning and Support
- Get involved in Northants Open Studios in September each year.
- Digital Northants run an innovative Merged Futures digital conference each June.
- Sign up for Charity Digital‘s events for some free e-learning.
- Have a look at ArtWorks Alliance’s Knowledge Bank for a wide range of research, evaluations and reports, toolkits and guidance, case studies and videos for easy access.
- The Creativity Exchange has launched – a new online space for school leaders, teachers, those working in cultural organisations, scientists, researchers and parents to share ideas about how to teach for creativity and develop young people’s creativity at and beyond school.
- Outdoor Arts UK have resources to support the sector, keep you connected and up to date with the latest news. Additionally, XTRAX have more information if you’re running outdoor events.
- Register your interest in learning Digital Skills For Heritage with The Heritage Alliance and the Arts Marketing Association.
- Take advantage of free online training from the Arts Marketing Association, The Audience Agency or SEMLEP’s Growth Hub from the comfort of your own home.
- Join the Arts Marketing Association Community Support facebook group for advice and peer support.
- Google Digital Garage offer free online digital training and there are lots more free learning opportunities at FutureLearn.
- Join Creative UK‘s network for the Creative Industries.
Arts & Voluntary Sector Information, Support, Advice & Guidance
- Get connected with the Creative Lives network.
- Recruit volunteers and take part in training with Community Action Northants.
- Voluntary Arts have rebranded as Creative Lives and have lots of useful resources.
- Do you need affordable paint for your project or have you got leftover paint? Contact Community Repaint.
- Do you work with Children and Young People? Have a look at the resources from The Mighty Creatives.
- Sign up for Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire Friday Bulletin for news from all over the county.
- Visual artists – raise your profile and showcase your work online at Art Northants
- Sign up for The Heritage Alliance‘s fortnightly e-newsletter for all the latest sector updates.
- Find out more about Mothers Who Make (Northamptonshire) in their facebook group.
- Join Cinnamon Arts Group, which supports and empowers Black Creatives in Wellingborough.
- Sign up for the Producer Gathering newsletter – a space for the sharing of resources about producing in the arts sector.
- Check out The Vaizey View e-newsletter to stay abreast of Creative and Cultural industry news.
- If you work with a community in a voluntary capacity, join Eden Project Communities for online resources and training.
- Visit Arts Council England for Jobs and support from their Tech Champions.
- Contemporary Visual Arts Network East Midlands have a really useful page of resources for artists and other arts professionals.
- The Crafts Council has a useful page of information for craft businesses with maker support resources and advice.
- Career Recovery For Musicians is a central source of support and advice for all musicians.
- The Remote Work Survival Toolkit is an enormous resource for those now working from home.
- Making Music – Stay Connected blog is a good repository of links to help you get your choir or music group online.
- NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) offer advice for organisations and volunteers.
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire‘s website includes news and resources relevant to COVID-19 including information about volunteering and wellbeing. They also now host regular online networking.
Running safe events
- North and West Northamptonshire Councils have set up an Event Safety Partnership where you can find useful information on running events.
- Explore the potential of Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance through a great value membership with Artist Newsletter.
- Outdoor Arts UK has Professional Outdoor Arts Sector Resources for event planning.
- The HSE have lots of guidance about working safely.
Business & Networking
- Visit lovecorby.eventbrite.co.uk to join local organisations at the next Love Corby networking event
- See SEMLEP’s Growth Hub‘s Business Support Resources.
- The Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire have loads of free webinars and business news that might be of use.
- Connect with other businesses via North Northants Business Network.
- Get advice or support for setting up a Social Enterprise at UnLtd or North Northants Social Enterprise network
- Companies House are no longer sending out paper reminders – sign up to their email reminder service.
- Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Join the Northants Chamber to access lots of useful resources.
- Sign up for email updates from the new North Northamptonshire Council or keep up to date on Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn
- Visit Corby Town Council website or follow on Facebook / Twitter
- Visit Wellingborough Town Council website or follow on Facebook / Twitter
- Connect with Northamptonshire Mind
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire info about wellbeing
- Look after your wellbeing by joining Action For Happiness Northants