7th October 2021
Perform at Corby Pole Fair
The next Corby Pole Fair is happening on Friday 3rd June 2022, and as a true community celebration, we need your help!
We want the Pole Fair to be a true celebration of local talent, so we’re looking for local performance groups to take on the following:
– Bog Story Re-enactment Traditionally the Pole Fair includes a re-enactment of Queen Elizabeth I being rescued from a bog in the Rockingham Forest. There are archive scripts that we would like to be adapted for the 2022 fair. This is an important moment in the fair and requires a local theatrical group with flair, imagination and humour.
– 1940s Tea Dance We’re looking for a band to play music appropriate for an indoor 1940s themed tea dance.
– Folk Music/Dance We’re specifically interested in hearing from local folk musicians and dancers who can perform folk and/or traditional music and dance from anywhere around the world.
– Teddy Bears Picnic In the afternoon of the fair we’ll be holding a teddy bears picnic for families with younger children and are looking for performances of any kind with a bear theme, including theatre, storytelling, music and dance. We’re particularly interested in performances that draw upon well-known bears like Goldilocks, Jungle Book and Paddington.
– Main Stage There will be a main performance stage on the Charter Field and we are looking for a small number of high quality acts to perform on it during the late afternoon and evening. Acts must have mass appeal, be energetic and engaging.
– Busking Spots We plan to have a series of busking spots around the Old Village, for local musicians to perform. These will operate on a traditional busking model, with musicians expected to be self-sufficient and take whatever money they raise as expenses.
– Pop-Up Performances We plan to fill as much of the Old Village as possible with activity, so do let us know if your group could provide a pop-up performance on the street.
– Other Let us know if you have any other ideas, especially if they relate to local history.
We’re open to applications from groups of any age or experience, including schools, youth theatres, amateur dramatic group and adult performers, that are local to Corby. We just need to know what you’re interested in, a little bit about your group and a rough idea of what you would need to perform at the fair. If you have links to videos of your group performing, then please send these to us.
The Pole Fair Steering Group will look at all applications and be in touch with everyone that has expressed an interest by mid-December. We hope to include as many groups as possible – we just need to work out the best way to do this.
Express an interest
View the form online here
If you have any enquiries please email email@example.com or call 01536 267895