19th July 2021
Even though the government are easing restrictions today, we know that there are still significant health risks associated with COVID-19. Over the next few months, we have an exciting programme of in-person activities and we want everybody to be able to enjoy these safely.
Until the end of August (at the earliest), we are putting in place the following precautions to protect us all:
– Where possible, events will be held outdoors. If inside, rooms will be well-ventilated with all available doors and windows open.
– We will be reducing capacity for events, with booking in advance encouraged.
– We will encourage everyone to use the provided hand sanitiser regularly throughout events.
– Staff will wear face coverings inside when moving around or when it is not possible to stay at least 1m away from other people. We encourage everyone to do the same.
– Attendees will be asked to keep to their own group and maintain a sensible distance between groups.
– We’ll be reducing sharing of equipment and putting in place cleaning procedures for shared items.
– In line with government guidance, we will be collecting contact information at the point of booking to provide to NHS Test and Trace if we are asked to do so.
– Depending on the type of event, attendees may be asked to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
– Attendees showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the event – so please stay at home if this applies to you.
If you’re not feeling ready to come to events yet, then there’s still our online offering of activity guides, exhibitions and publications to enjoy across our website and on our Facebook page.