Northampton Carnival © BlackTomcat Photography
Updated 13th July 2021
Black Community Forum callout for proposals (extended)
Developing a Black Communities’ Arts and Creativity 5 Year Strategy and Specification for Programme Support 2021/22
About the Black Community Forum
- Scrutinise the Made With Many Organisation and Work Programme to ensure that it is effectively delivering its Race Equality Objectives and to influence the Race Equality and wider Equality Plans.
- Develop a programme for Black Communities and support its effective delivery and outcomes.
- The Black Community Forum has recently carried out a collective visioning exercise to determine opportunities for short medium and long term goals. These include opportunities to pilot cultural activities in the next year, including key celebrations, the potential for a pop up exhibition space and an aim to establish a multi-cultural arts centre by 2025.
Programme Support 2021/22
- The Black Community Forum has been meeting during 2021 and has accrued out a visioning exercise. This work now requires the Forum to scope its 5-year plan to develop a long term, sustainable plan for Black communities in Wellingborough.
- Support Northamptonshire will administer the funding for the 2021/22 Black Community Forum programme, with opportunities for Black Community Forum members to propose plans to be discussed and agreed by the Black Community Forum.
A callout for 2 proposals
- Proposal for the development of a 5-year Black Community Arts and Culture Strategy – July to September 2021.
- A programme of pilot activity from July 2021, including research and inspirational events for member organisations and their communities – July 2021 – July 2022.
Before You Apply
The full brief can be downloaded below – please read this for more details about the opportunity, fees, how to apply and who to contact for an informal discussion about these opportunities.
Download the Black Community Forum callout for proposals
Applications should be received by the following dates:
Round one (Summer) – by 10am on Monday 9th August 2021
Round two (Autumn) – by 10am on Friday 8th October 2021