Hemmingwell Street Art Brief (now closed)
Local Commission Brief
Made With Many are looking for an artist to work with the community to lead a regeneration project, including some public murals, improvements to green space and creatively consult on other local opportunities.
- A creative consultation on the regeneration and engagement possibilities for the area, linking with other organisations who are delivering services in the area. The first consultation event is on Monday 2 August 2021.
- A smaller youth mural at the Hemmingwell Community and Skills Centre throughout following dates in August:
- Friday 13 August – 10am to 1pm
- Friday 20 August – 10am to 1pm
- Friday 27 August – 10am to 1pm
- A public mural to improve the Hemmingwell Local Centre, as a result of artist-led community decision making. Community engagement/research days will allow for community ideas to inform the approach.
- Experience of co-producing work with the community, especially with the involvement of young people.
- A track record of delivering large scale public murals/work.
- Work with Made With Many staff and community groups to plan and deliver the project making any alterations deemed necessary.
The project needs to be completed by the end of March 2022, but consideration of seasonal issues in producing public art should be considered. The artist will need to be available for the dates listed in the brief.
Before You Apply
Download the full brief for details of fees, contractual information, how to apply and who to contact for an informal discussion about the project.
Deadline for Applications
10am on Monday 19th July 2021
Made With Many is committed to equal opportunities. We are working to achieve diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. In support of this, we have an access budget available to disabled artists delivering aspects of our programme. If you require additional support to complete this contract, please outline these in your application. Any such requests will not affect the outcome of our decisions. If you require additional support in making an application, or would like this information in an alternative format, please contact the office on 01536 267895 /firstname.lastname@example.org