Resources for Creative Projects
Updated 1st December 2021
These resources may be useful to people who run creative and cultural projects, with a focus on Corby and Wellingborough. Please also see our Opportunities and Get Involved pages and find out about joining our Cultivate Programme.
- Registration for Northants Open Studios 2022 goes live on Monday 6th December.
- Are you a Producer, Writer or Director living or studying in Northamptonshire? Applications are being sought for for Northampton Film Festival 2022. They are also launching a schools film competition with a prize of £2000 worth of film equipment.
- Arts Council England have reopenend their National Lottery Project Grants fund, with a refreshed application process and eligibility criteria.
- The Mighty Creatives are launching their new Creative Communities Fund for projects with children and young people.
- Save the date for for Digital Northampton‘s inspirational Merged Futures 4 digital conference on Friday 24th June 2022.
Grants & Work Opportunities
- Explore funding available from the Heritage Fund and Arts Council England.
- Youth Music have grants of £2,000 to £30,000 available to support music-making and music-making related activities for children and young people (aged 0-25) facing barriers. Apply by Friday 03 December 2021
- Apply for funding from The National Lottery Community Fund
- Round 12 of Arts Council England‘s Developing Your Creative Practice fund for individual cultural and creative practitioners to focus on their creative development.
- TESCO Community Grants are open for application.
- Sign up for NVCA’s weekly e-bulletin for up-to-date information on funding availability.
- Northamptonshire Community Foundation have a Grant Finder to help you find grants for projects.
- Applications are open for National Lottery Heritage Fund grants from £3,000 up to £5million.
- Check out opportunities from the other Creative People and Places projects around the country by following our Twitter list.
- Writing East Midlands have a page with lots of great opportunities for Writers
- Community projects will be able to apply for a £4 million fund designed to help reduce loneliness in the coming months.
- Search ArtsJobs for work – there are quite a few roles available in the East Midlands.
Opportunities for Emerging Creatives
- The Travers Foundation is a charity that provides financial support to local 13 to 30 year-olds and help them to realise their dreams in sport, music and arts.
- Emerging artists can sign up to register for Northamptonshire’s Rising Star competition each year.
- Join Royal & Derngate’s Generate artist development scheme.
- ScreenSkills Mentoring in association with Screen Northants Academy is a free mentoring programme for those 18yrs+ living in Northamptonshire and the surrounding counties for those at an Early or Experienced stage in their careers in any film crew role from Writer and Director to Make Up Artist and Runner.
- Sign up to the Northants Cultural Education Partnership newsletter, to see what’s happening around the county in creative work with Children and Young People.
Professional Development, Learning and Support
- Tickets are now available for People Place Power conference from 7-9th December 2021 – with Creative People and Places participants and leaders.
- Sign up for Charity Digital‘s events for some free e-learning.
- Have a look at ArtWorks Alliance’s Knowledge Bank for a wide range of research, evaluations and reports, toolkits and guidance, case studies and videos for easy access.
- The Creativity Exchange has launched – a new online space for school leaders, teachers, those working in cultural organisations, scientists, researchers and parents to share ideas about how to teach for creativity and develop young people’s creativity at and beyond school.
- Outdoor Arts UK have resources to support the sector, keep you connected and up to date with the latest news. Additionally, XTRAX have more information if you’re running outdoor events.
- Voluntary Arts are running #CreativeNetwork – a series of online get-togethers open to anyone involved in arts, culture and creativity in order to connect and collaborate in unusual times to develop ideas and projects, and find sustainable ways forward in changing circumstances.
- Register your interest in learning Digital Skills For Heritage with The Heritage Alliance and the Arts Marketing Association.
- Take advantage of free online training from the Arts Marketing Association, The Audience Agency or SEMLEP’s Growth Hub from the comfort of your own home.
- The AMA have set up an Arts Marketing Association Coronavirus Support facebook group which includes advice from them plus peer support.
- Anti-viral work for freelancers and small businesses is a facebook group set up as a peer support group for self-employed people in the creative industries in response to the impact of COVID-19.
- Google Digital Garage offer free online digital training and there are lots more free learning opportunities at FutureLearn.
Arts & Voluntary Sector Information, Support, Advice & Guidance
- Sign up for the Corby Voluntary Network weekly newsletter and for news about grants and regular network meetings – contact Sean.Silver@groundwork.org.uk
- Voluntary Arts have rebranded as Creative Lives and have lots of useful resources.
- Do you need affordable paint for your project or have you got leftover paint? Contact Community Repaint.
- Recruit volunteers and take part in training with Community Action Northants.
- Do you work with Children and Young People? Have a look at the resources from The Mighty Creatives.
- Sign up for Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire Friday Bulletin for news from all over the county.
- Visual artists – raise your profile and showcase your work online at Art Northants
- Sign up for The Heritage Alliance‘s fortnightly e-newsletter for all the latest sector updates.
- Find out more about Mothers Who Make (Northamptonshire) in their facebook group.
- Join Cinnamon Arts Group, which supports and empowers Black Creatives in Wellingborough.
- Sign up for the Producer Gathering newsletter – a space for the sharing of resources about producing in the arts sector.
- Check out The Vaizey View e-newsletter to stay abreast of Creative and Cultural industry news.
- Community Action Northants have launched their new website, where you can find volunteers.
- If you work with a community in a voluntary capacity, join Eden Project Communities for online resources and training.
- Get insurance for your art projects through a membership with Artist Newsletter.
- Visit Arts Council England for details about Supporting Grassroots Live Music, The Culture Recovery Fund, Jobs and support from their Tech Champions.
- Contemporary Visual Arts Network East Midlands have a really useful page of resources for artists and other arts professionals.
- The Crafts Council has a useful page of information for craft businesses with maker support resources and advice during the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of Brexit.
- Corona Advice For Musicians is a central source of support and advice for all musicians.
- The Remote Work Survival Toolkit is an enormous resource for those now working from home.
- Making Music – Stay Connected blog is a good repository of links to help you get your choir or music group online.
- NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) offer advice for organisations and volunteers.
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire‘s website includes news and resources relevant to COVID-19 including information about volunteering and wellbeing. They also now host regular online networking.
Reopening and running COVID-19 safe events
- If you’re running events, see the latest information and advice for businesses from Visit Britain/Visit England.
- Are you running events? Tell everyone you’re Good To Go by applying for the Visit Britain COVID safety mark.
- Outdoor Arts UK have published a guide to The Government Roadmap and Outdoor Arts which may come in handy for planning events this summer.
- Arts Council England are drawing out the latest government guidance on Covid-19 for the Arts sector to highlight the relevant legislation, which is updated regularly.
- The HSE have lots of guidance about working safely, restarting work and being COVID secure, and local company SC Agency have written a useful blog to show businesses what practical measures they can take to help keep staff and customers safe.
- A blog from Function Central about inclusive event planning after COVID-19
- If you have a venue that people can visit, Visit England also have some good resources focusing on practical guidance to helping venues reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business & Networking
- Visit lovecorby.eventbrite.co.uk to join local organisations at the next Love Corby networking event
- See SEMLEP’s Growth Hub‘s Recovery and Resilience grants to see when they are accepting new Expressions of Interest this year.
- The Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire have loads of free webinars and business news that might be of use.
- Businesses in Northamptonshire are being invited to series of FREE online courses by the TCHC Group to improve your knowledge and boost your confidence.
- If you missed the Recovery Through Enterprise business festival earlier in 2021 you can catch up on sessions at their YouTube channel.
- North Northants Business Network have launched their new website at www.northnorthantsbusinessnetwork.co.uk
- Get advice or support for setting up a Social Enterprise at UnLtd and North Northants Social Enterprise network (NNSE)
- Companies House are no longer sending out paper reminders – sign up to their email reminder service.
- See the latest advice and support for businesses surrounding the coronavirus pandemic from Northamptonshire County Council.
- Love Corby online networking – follow Love Corby on Eventbrite to be notified when meeting registration opens for the next meeting.
- Local Business Network meetings have resumed in Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering and East Northants – they also produce a really useful newsletter.
- ACAS can help you find out what your rights are if you’re being made redundant.
- Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Northants Chamber have a COVID-19 Business Recovery Hub.
- SEMLEP – South East Midlands Enterprise Partnership who also have intermittent Community Grants.
- Check the UK Government website for official information as well as what the local council in your area is doing to support you. View the Your New Council leaflet about North Northamptonshire council services at Recovery Through Enterprise, the hub for economic recovery activity in North Northamptonshire.
- Sign up for email updates from the new North Northamptonshire Council or keep up to date on Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn
- Visit Corby Town Council website or follow on Facebook / Twitter
- Visit Wellingborough Town Council website or follow on Twitter
- Download the NHS COVID-19 Track and Trace app
- MIND – Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire info about wellbeing
- Look after your wellbeing by joining Action For Happiness Northants