Resources for Artists, Emerging Creatives and Community Groups
Updated 12th April 2021
Navigating your way through resources isn’t always easy, so we’ve started compiling a page that may be useful to Artists, Emerging Creatives and Community Groups who run creative activities, with a focus on Corby and Wellingborough.
- Sign up for email updates from the new North Northamptonshire Council or keep up to date on Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn
- View the Your New Council leaflet about North Northamptonshire council services at Recovery Through Enterprise, the hub for economic recovery activity in North Northamptonshire.
- Visit Corby Town Council website or follow on Facebook / Twitter
- Visit Wellingborough Town Council website or follow on Twitter
- For #GetCreativeFestival from 11th – 19th May, Corby Library are making a collage of the community’s creativity in a giant map of Corby, that documents creative lockdown projects. Contact Corby Library for more info and submit your project info and images by 6th May.
- Are you running events? Tell everyone you’re Good To Go by applying for the Visit Britain COVID safety mark.
- Voluntary Arts are looking to support Creative Community Champions who run creative groups and would like access to FREE guidance & opportunities.
- Find out more about Mothers Who Make (Northamptonshire) who have set dates for online meetings in April and May in their facebook group.
- Join Cinnamon Arts Group, which supports and empowers Black Creatives in Wellingborough.
Grants & Work Opportunities
- Sign up for NVCA’s weekly e-bulletin for up-to-date information on funding availability.
- Do you want to get your work in front of a literary agent? The Writers’ Conference 2021 is online over 4 days, from Thursday 8th to Sunday 11th April.
- Northamptonshire Community Foundation have a Grant Finder to help you find grants for projects.
- Applications are open for National Lottery Heritage Fund grants from £3,000 up to £5million.
- The Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire have loads of free webinars and have Reset. Restart Small Business Grants of £1,500 available for business expenses – Apply by 28th March 2021.
- Check out opportunities from the other Creative People and Places projects around the country by following our Twitter list.
- Writing East Midlands have a page with lots of great opportunities for Writers
- The second round of the Local Connections Fund provided by The National Lottery Community Fund will launch in the summer of 2021.
- Arts Council England have reopened their Developing Your Creative Practice fund – individual cultural and creative practitioners can apply to take time to focus on their creative development.
- Made With Many opportunities
- Community projects will be able to apply for a £4 million fund designed to help reduce loneliness in the coming months.
- Recovery and Resilience grants of up to £50,000 available to local businesses via SEMLEP’s Growth Hub.
- Search ArtsJobs for work – there are quite a few roles available in the East Midlands.
Opportunities for Emerging Creatives
- Royal & Derngate run Generate an artist development scheme that has various initiatives to support artists and the creation of new work.
- We have an opportunity in the Made With Many Team for a 6-month job placement through the Kickstart scheme.
- Travers Rising Stars is a free-to-enter challenge for bands, singing groups or solo artists between the ages of 13 and 30 who live or study in Leicestershire, Northamptonshire or Rutland. Apply by 31st May 2021.
- The Bridport Prize February 2021 bursaries are now open. These give under-represented writers a free entry to the Bridport Prize competition in any category. There will be monthly bursary awards running through to May 2021.
- Applications for MY Dance Digital 2021 for dancers aged 11 to 19 years and disabled dancers up to age 25 years are open. Apply by 5pm, Wednesday 31st March.
- ScreenSkills Mentoring in association with Screen Northants Academy is a free mentoring programme for Northamptonshire residents 18yrs and above who are looking to enter the Film Industry.
- Sign up to the Northants Cultural Education Partnership newsletter, to see what’s happening around the county in creative work with Children and Young People.
Professional Development, Learning and Support
- Sign up for Charity Digital’s #BeMoreDigital Marketing Day on 20th May 2021 for some free e-learning.
- Interested in inclusive arts and cultural engagement? Save the date for the Creative People & Places conference from 7th – 9th December 2021.
- Have a look at ArtWorks Alliance’s Knowledge Bank for a wide range of research, evaluations and reports, toolkits and guidance, case studies and videos for easy access.
- Running creative projects in Corby or Wellingborough? Want to learn more about how to gather and use data to support the future potential and legacy of your project? Sign up for our FREE Zoom session about Evaluating Art Projects on 18th March.
- On Wednesday 24th March The Heritage Alliance are taking Heritage Day 2021 online.
- Sign up for a free online conference and join #HeritageDigitalNow: Engaging Digital Audiences on Thursday 1st April.
- The Middle Way Mentoring Project are holding a one-day Zoom conference for Black and Asian Writers on Saturday 20th March.
- The Creativity Exchange has launched – a new online space for school leaders, teachers, those working in cultural organisations, scientists, researchers and parents to share ideas about how to teach for creativity and develop young people’s creativity at and beyond school.
- Have you got something to contribute to conversations about shifting approaches in inclusive arts and cultural engagement? Creative People and Places are looking to the global community to share their stories as part of the 2021 conference in December.
- Made With Many run a Cultivate Programme for people who want to develop creative activities in Corby or Wellingborough, to allow you to draw upon the expertise of our team. Take part in online Zoom sessions for 2021 about Artists Working With Schools, Marketing, Funding and Evaluation. You can also access peer support in our facebook group Cultivate Creatives.
- Digital Northampton holds it’s inspirational Merged Futures 3 digital conference on 18th June 2021, you can still watch some of the recorded sessions from Merged Futures 2 online. They are currently looking for expressions of interest from people who would you like to share how the technology they use, develop or research is breaking boundaries.
- Outdoor Arts UK are running a series of online oppopportunities devised to support the sector, keep you connected and up to date with the latest news. They start with a series of FREE webinars and 1-2-1 sessions on funding, produced in association with Arts Council England. Additionally, XTRAX have more information if you’re running outdoor events.
- Voluntary Arts are running #CreativeNetwork – a series of online get-togethers open to anyone involved in arts, culture and creativity in order to connect and collaborate in unusual times to develop ideas and projects, and find sustainable ways forward in changing circumstances.
- Register your interest in learning Digital Skills For Heritage with The Heritage Alliance and the Arts Marketing Association.
- Take advantage of free online training from the Arts Marketing Association, The Audience Agency or SEMLEP’s Growth Hub from the comfort of your own home.
- The AMA have set up an Arts Marketing Association Coronavirus Support facebook group which includes advice from them plus peer support.
- Anti-viral work for freelancers and small businesses is a facebook group set up as a peer support group for self-employed people in the creative industries in response to the impact of COVID-19.
- Google Digital Garage offer free online digital training and there are lots more free learning opportunities at FutureLearn.
Arts & Voluntary Sector Information, Support, Advice & Guidance
- Sign up for the Producer Gathering newsletter – a space for the sharing of resources about producing in the arts sector.
- Check out The Vaizey View e-newsletter to stay abreast of Creative and Cultural industry news.
- Community Action Northants have launched their new website, where you can find volunteers.
- If you work with a community in a voluntary capacity, join Eden Project Communities for an online Community Camp from 1st – 29th March.
- Get insurance for your art projects through a membership with Artist Newsletter.
- Visit Arts Council England for details about Supporting Grassroots Live Music, The Culture Recovery Fund, Jobs and support from their Tech Champions.
- Visit Heritage Fund for details of the Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage, for heritage organisations at risk of failure due to COVID-19.
- Contemporary Visual Arts Network East Midlands have a really useful page of resources for artists and other arts professionals.
- The Crafts Council has a useful page of information for craft businesses with maker support resources and advice during the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of Brexit.
- Corona Advice For Musicians is a central source of support and advice for all musicians.
- The Remote Work Survival Toolkit is an enormous resource for those now working from home.
- Making Music – Stay Connected blog is a good repository of links to help you get your choir or music group online.
- NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) offer advice for organisations and volunteers.
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire‘s website includes news and resources relevant to COVID-19 including information about volunteering and wellbeing. They also now host regular online networking.
Reopening and running COVID-19 safe events
- Outdoor Arts UK have published a guide to The Government Roadmap and Outdoor Arts which may come in handy for planning events this summer.
- Arts Council England are drawing out the latest government guidance on Covid-19 for the Arts sector to highlight the relevant legislation, which is updated regularly.
- The HSE have lots of guidance about working safely, restarting work and being COVID secure, and local company SC Agency have written a useful blog to show businesses what practical measures they can take to help keep staff and customers safe.
- A blog from Function Central about inclusive event planning after COVID-19
- If you have a venue that people can visit, Visit England also have some good resources focusing on practical guidance to helping venues reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business & Networking
- Register on eventbrite to join us and the rest of the Love Corby network at free online Zoom networking on 18th March with guest speaker Mr James Saunders Watson, Lord Lieutenant of Northamptonshire.
- North Northants Business Network have launched their new website at www.northnorthantsbusinessnetwork.co.uk
- Get advice or support for setting up a Social Enterprise at UnLtd and North Northants Social Enterprise network (NNSE)
- Companies House are no longer sending out paper reminders – sign up to their email reminder service.
- Network with other entrepreneurs and receive further support from the webinar programme at the Business & IP Centre. They also run advice sessions on self-employment and intellectual property.
- Have you seen the new Wellingborough/East Northants Recovery Through Enterprise website? They are running a Business Festival in February 2021
- See the latest advice and support for businesses surrounding the coronavirus pandemic from Northamptonshire County Council.
- Love Corby online networking – follow Love Corby on Eventbrite to be notified when meeting registration opens for the next meeting.
- Local Business Network meetings have resumed in Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering and East Northants – they also produce a really useful newsletter.
- ACAS can help you find out what your rights are if you’re being made redundant.
- Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Northants Chamber have a COVID-19 Business Recovery Hub.
- SEMLEP – South East Midlands Enterprise Partnership who also have intermittent Community Grants.
- Check the UK Government website for official information as well as what the local council in your area is doing to support you. See the websites for Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering, East Northants and Northamptonshire County Council. Also check out the new Future Northants North interim website.
- Download the NHS COVID-19 Track and Trace app
- MIND – Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire info about wellbeing
- Look after your wellbeing by joining Action For Happiness Northants