Opportunity for an Illustrator (now closed)
Commission for 5-7 illustrations for a publication of stories from homeless people
Made With Many is a programme of new arts activities focussing on working with local communities, artists, arts and voluntary organisations, businesses and the public in Corby and Wellingborough to ensure that the arts are at the heart of positive change. To find out more please explore our website.
Alongside Support Northamptonshire and the Wellingborough Homeless Forum, Made with Many commissioned a Writer during the first national lockdown of the Covid-19 Pandemic to interview homeless people who had recently been placed into supported accommodation. The publication features stories by Writer Ryan Leder, who interviewed the four participants. These stories will be published in an online and limited print publication in late March 2021. We are seeking an illustrator to produce between 5 and 7 illustrations.
- Experience in illustrating for publication
- Experience of co-producing work with the community/a team of creatives and organisations
To end of March 2021
- Work with MWM staff, Writer Ryan Leder and Support Northamptonshire staff to plan the images and make any alterations necessary.
- Comply with monitoring and evaluation procedures for the project
- Allow copyright for images to be reproduced as part of the publication and its promotion
- 2-3 examples of illustrations
- Your CV, outlining relevant experience
- A short paragraph stating why you would like to be involved in the project, with a quote for the supply of 5-7 images including a cover image
Please note: we will not accept CVs on their own.
Deadline for Applications: 5pm on Tuesday 9th February 2021
Please email applications to Sarah Brown, Producer (Wellingborough) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about the project or if you have any questions, please email Sarah at the email address above.
Made With Many is committed to equal opportunities. We are working to achieve diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. In support of this, we have an access budget available to disabled artists delivering aspects of our programme. If you require additional support to complete this contract, please outline these in your application. Any such requests will not affect the outcome of our decisions. If you require additional support in making an application, or would like this information in an alternative format, please contact the office on 01536 267895 /email@example.com