Community designs now on display in Hemmingwell, Kingsway and Queensway in Wellingborough
In September 2020 Made With Many teamed up with Community Watch to give people some free activities to do at home, along with information from local community organisations to help keep residents safe and well.
We invited people living in Hemmingwell, Kingsway or Queensway to get involved in a creative project to design a local postcard for a chance to win shopping vouchers. The winning designs were then chosen by local organisations, and are now displayed in public spaces. See more about what happened in each area and the winning designs in situ in the three videos below.
About the Design Competition
We invited residents of the three areas to tell about their patch for a chance to win a shopping voucher, and invited them to get involved by:
- Colouring in a local postcard that was in the delivered packs and available at local community hubs
- Drawing a picture of your neighbourhood or your favourite place, showing what keeps them safe
- Making a collage or mind map of what was important to them and their community
- Writing a poem or rap on the postcard that tells people about their neighbourhood or community
- Showing what has been important to them and their community in lockdown by drawing or writing about their experiences
- Sending a postcard they designed to keep in touch with their friends, family or neighbours
The Design Competition Video
Keep in Touch
Greetings From… Design a Postcard Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition opens on Thursday 24th September and runs until Monday 19th October 2020 at 10am.
2. This competition is open to residents from Hemmingwell, Queensway or Kingsway can enter a postcard design by delivering it to the addresses printed on the pack of the blank template
residents of the borough of Wellingborough (under 16s must have their entry signed by a parent or guardian).
3. Under 16s must have their entry signed by a parent.
4. There will be 5 prizes in each local area (Queensway, Kingsway and Hemmingwell) so there will be 15 competition winners of a £25 shopping voucher.
5. Competition winners will be selected at the following times (Kingsway: Tuesday 20th October, Queensway and Hemmingwell: Tuesday 27th October).
6. Competition winners will be announced on the 2nd November and competition winners will be contacted after that date with their voucher.
7. The winners’ names will also be announced on social media and on the website www.madewithmany.org.
8. Prizes of vouchers will either be sent out by post or hand-delivered by a member of the MWM Team.
9. Employees of Made With Many and their immediate families, or any project partner organisations and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
10. Made With Many cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
11. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
13. Postcode and any demographic data of entrants will be used in an anonymised format as part of our action research into new audiences for art in Wellingborough in accordance with the Made With Many funding agreement with Arts Council England.x