Update: Greetings From… Competition extension
If you live on Hemmingwell or Queensway you have until 3rd November to submit your competition entry. You can either hand it in at one of the collection points, or email a photo of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hemmingwell, Kingsway and Queensway
With not many opportunities to get out and about this summer, and lots of people spending more time at home, Made With Many have teamed up with Community Watch to give you some free activities to do at home, along with some information from local community organisations to help keep you safe and well!
Design A Postcard Competition
Tell us about your area for a chance to WIN a £25 shopping voucher
Anyone from age 0 to 99 who lives in Hemmingwell, Kingsway or Queensway can get involved in this creative project to design a local postcard for a chance to win on of *fifteen* £25 shopping vouchers! The winning designs will be chosen by local organisations, and displayed in public spaces later on this year. You can start getting creative right away – but remember to get your entry in before Monday 19th October at 10am. Creators of the winning entries will be notified in the first week of November (scroll down for more competition details).
Get Involved By
- Colouring in the local postcard in your pack (designed by Marvin Mudzongo, from Lemonpop Workshops)
- Drawing a picture of your neighbourhood or your favourite place, showing what keeps you safe
- Making a collage or mind map of what’s important to you and your community
- Writing a poem or rap on the postcard that tells people about your neighbourhood or community
- Showing what has been important to you and your community in lockdown by drawing or writing about your experiences
- Sending a postcard you have designed to keep in touch with your friends, family or neighbours from your area.
Pick up an entry postcard at:
KD Supermarket 109 Nest Farm Cres, Wellingborough NN8 4TU
Morrisons Daily, 97-99 Kingsway, NN8 2EW
Competition entries can be dropped off in the competition entry boxes in the following locations:
Hemmingwell Community and Skills Centre, 127 Nest Farm Crescent, NN8 4TU
Morrisons Daily, 97-99 Kingsway, NN8 2EW
Or you can post your postcard to:
Made with Many, 7th Floor, Grosvenor House, George Street, Corby, NN17 1QB
Greetings From… Design a Postcard Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition opens on Thursday 24th September and runs until Monday 19th October 2020 at 10am.
2. This competition is open to residents from Hemmingwell, Queensway or Kingsway can enter a postcard design by delivering it to the addresses printed on the pack of the blank template
residents of the borough of Wellingborough (under 16s must have their entry signed by a parent or guardian).
3. Under 16s must have their entry signed by a parent.
4. There will be 5 prizes in each local area (Queensway, Kingsway and Hemmingwell) so there will be 15 competition winners of a £25 shopping voucher.
5. Competition winners will be selected at the following times (Kingsway: Tuesday 20th October, Queensway and Hemmingwell: Tuesday 27th October).
6. Competition winners will be announced on the 2nd November and competition winners will be contacted after that date with their voucher.
7. The winners’ names will also be announced on social media and on the website www.madewithmany.org.
8. Prizes of vouchers will either be sent out by post or hand-delivered by a member of the MWM Team.
9. Employees of Made With Many and their immediate families, or any project partner organisations and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
10. Made With Many cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
11. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
13. Postcode and any demographic data of entrants will be used in an anonymised format as part of our action research into new audiences for art in Wellingborough in accordance with the Made With Many funding agreement with Arts Council England.