Field Day Festival was a one-day event hosted by ourselves and KHL Big Local. The vision was to engage and bring together the local community in a comfortable, enjoyable, and fun atmosphere. We feel that we have risen above all expectations with this event! With a turn out of over 1,600 individuals and some terrific feedback, we are pleased with the outcome of the day.
About the Day
Our day began at 11 am. The Corby community arrived at the entrance gate in numbers we could only dream of! 500 lucky attendees claimed their free ice cream and ventured into the festival site to experience our array of activities lined up for them. Tucked into four large marquees awaited activities such as:
The open mic stage, where everyone and anyone was welcomed to step into the spotlight and wow everyone with their vocal talents! When the open mic stage wasn’t running, the Deep Roots Tall Trees choir hosted workshops for people to learn how to perform in a choir.
The children (and adults!) loved learning how to perform circus skills with the wonderful Circus Sensible! Teaching everything from juggling to tightrope walking, there was no need to run away with the circus! If you fancied being a bit more creative, wood carving with Liam was offering people the chance to create their very own piece of art.
Two fabulous face painters were on site throughout the day, changing the identity of everyone on the day! Jurassic dinosaur tilt walkers wandered across the fields taking everyone back in time in style! How can we forget character walkabouts including Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol and more provided by Macy’s Memory, making the children’s day! Everyone was taking aim with the Corby Archers, a great opportunity for all to practice their archery skills!
Field Day’s Main Stage Acts
Alongside all of these amazing activities, there were loads of great performances from the main stage! Acts included the likes of:
- Chuck the Poet warming everyone up with the opening set.
- The cast of Danny Hero performing some songs from the upcoming musical.
- Parrabbola telling their previously collected Corby stories through the method of theatre.
- TUBUP the utterly butterly ukulele project, who created over 200 ukuleles on the day of Field Day Festival alone and gave us a show stopping performance!
- Adelle & Mark who gave us a stunning performance.
- The Elementz, showing us what hip-hop is really about!
- Vincent J Rigney, another beautiful performance.
- Corby Community Arts giving everyone the opportunity to snap some photos and create a beautiful collage to commemorate the day.
- infuseDANCE wowing everyone with their fantastic flash mob performance.
- Drop the T, impressing us with their steampunk style.
- Craig Barber, providing an amazing set for everyone to get into the dancing mood!
Relive the Day!
Overall it was a fantastic day! We’d like to thank KHL Big Local for being our partners in this project, the scouts for doing such a fantastic job in keeping the site clean and tidy, the first aiders who kept everyone safe on the day, and Hazelwood Neighbourhood Centre and Hazelwood Bowls Club for letting us use your space!
If you’d like to check out the whole album from the day please follow the link provided!